Ok! So over the years we have been asked multiple times to provide services outside of SoCal. I've designed gardens from Reno to Vegas, San Francisco to South Carolina... and of course several projects in Orange and LA County. So how does it work?? The truth is, there is no RIGHT or WRONG way to do this. We tailor our services to whatever the project needs. Below is a simple breakdown of the process. If you want to talk next steps fill out the online form on the contact page or send us a DM through instagram.
Remote concept design
- You can hire a local person (or yourself) to take detailed measurements of the garden, house (inc. doors and windows) and take several photos. If its a larger property, or has more than 3' of elevation change we would insist on a site-survey with topography lines. That gets sent to us via dropbox
- WE can do an in person visit and measure and do a site audit ourselves. time and travel expenses will be reimbursed. (Still need survey if the site is complicated enough)
- We send you a questionnaire, and you provide us with your responses, and inspiration imagery (Pinterest/Houzz mood boards, Instagram pics, etc.)
- We send you back a colored concept plan with materials, plants, and imagery to help convey the ideas. We include one round of major changes and an allowance for calls/emails
- You hire a local Contractor to do the work
- We are available via email/phone/facetime to answer questions, respond to design changes from you and your contractor
All of the above is negotiable based on the size and scope of the project and if you want us to physically be there. Also, if you're looking more for ideas or hourly consulting we can do that too. We have done it both ways so it really depends on your budget. Our starting fixed rates for remote design concepts (assuming we have the base information provided to us) is $2000 for your average sized Residence and Lot (10k sqf lot and 3k sqf house). If you have a postage stamp size project there is some wiggle room in that fee. Inquire for our current hourly rates.
Stay tuned for a special Instagram give-away coming this month!